Holistic Treatment of Depression
Life isn't always and “normal” everyday type people can feel overwhelmed when uncomfortable or unpleasant changes suddenly happen in their lives. It happens to almost all of us at one time or another. The standard medical treatment seeing a “shrink” and then being prescribed a handful of harmful, addicting and sometimes lethal medicines. Some can have side effects worse than depression. The Holistic Treatment of Depression helps you naturally and safely get to a state of balance and happiness, without any of that unneeded side effects or weekly psychiatrist visits, that never seem to work.
Depression can become a long-term condition if you don't treat it, and it can have a really negative effect on your health. Depression and Anxiety have a lot of similarities, with the core being neurological changes (your brain and nervous system become re-wired due to constant negative thoughts and behaviors.) This causes your natural serotonin (feel good hormones) to be cut off and more harmful ones taking over. You can see in the diagram below what anxiety and depression have in common and where they differ so you can easily know which type of condition you are experiencing..
What Causes Depression and Anxiety?
“What Causes Depression and Anxiety?” It is usually negative reactions to an external stimuli like endings of some kind. Your job just ended and you don't know how you're going to make ends meet. Your relationship with your partner has gone really bad or ended. Your parents or kids are struggling and you can't help them. These are just a few of hundreds of reasons why you may feel overwhelmed, anxious or depressed by what is happening in your life right now.
Like the “good books” say, “it rains on the just and the unjust.” So it's not a question of being fair, but just that it happened. It's really not so much what happened, but what you think about what happened that can cause depression or anxiety attacks. It can actually worsen if you don't deal with it now, and try to drown it out with endless television, social media or even mind numbing substances.
There are different kinds of depression types referred to as Depression Disorders. Discussed below are the most common disorder types from Major Depression Disorder to Seasonal Affective Disorder. Here are the main Main Depression Types and how to treat them naturally:
- Major Depression (MDD): Major Depression Disorder is a combination of symptoms that interfere with your ability to work, sleep, eat and enjoy pleasurable activities. These darl episodes of depression can occur once, twice or several times in a lifetime and are one of the biggest reasons people seek Depression Help.
- Dysthymia: Dysthymia is a less severe type of depression than MDD, that involves long-term, chronic symptoms that do not easily disappear, but still keep you from going at “full steam” or feeling good. Sometimes people with dysthymia also experience major depressive episodes.
- Bipolar Disorder (BPD): Bipolar Disorder involves episodes of depression, usually severe, alternating with episodes of extreme elation called mania. The symptoms are the same as manic depression symptoms, which was what Bipolar depression was called before. The depression that is associated with bipolar disorder is often referred to as bipolar depression.
- Pregnancy Depression (PPD): Pregnancy Depression is sometimes called post partum depression, it is feeling overwhelmed by life either, during or immediately after pregnancy or delivery. It is usually brought on by hormonal changes in the body and feelings of helplessness and general unhappiness.
- Seasonal Depression (SAD): Seasonal Affective Disorder or SAD, is depression that at a certain time of the year, when the seasons change but most commonly during winter. It is sometimes referred to as the “winter blues.” Although it is predictable, it can last for a month or longer. If you think you are suffering with SAD Disorder see the article specific to it here: Seasonal Affective Disorder Treatment.
Depression Stats show that 10-20% of people in the world are currently experiencing some form of depression or anxiety. It shows that almost everyone at one time or another has a deep bout of depression commonly called the “dark night of the soul.”
Substance Abuse and Depression
Substance Abuse and Depression are known to go hand in hand. Anything you “abuse” anything your brain knows what is happening and you will consciously or even subconsciously feel guilty for abusing a person or substance. It is an attempt to make what is bothering you invisible to you, and you end up becoming numb to life, and to those that care about you.
If you are currently “addicted” to any unhealthy substance, then it would do you really well to get professional help, or even call a help line for one on one, personal guidance. It can help you become clear enough to treat the underlying cause of depression or anxiety. There are some common signs and symptoms of depression and anxiety that you can use to see if you're experiencing clinical depression or anxiety.
Signs of Depression and Anxiety
Here is a list of the most common Signs of Depression and Anxiety below. If you are experiencing 3 or more of the below depression symptoms you will want to deal with it now so it doesn't become more severe and cause deep damage to yourself or others:
- Appetite – Rapid Weight Loss or Weight Gain
- Obsessive or Compulsive Negative Thinking
- Thoughts of Hurting Yourself or even Taking Your Life
- Feeling Disconnected From Everyone and Every Thing
- Feeling Restless, Irritable, and/or Withdrawn
- Feeling Discouraged, Guilty, Hopeless or even Worthless
- Insomnia or Narcolepsy – Trouble Falling or Staying Asleep, or Sleeping all Day
- Lack of Energy or Fatigue
- Trouble Focusing on Anything or Making Decisions
- Overwhelming Fear that Depression will Knock You Over The Edge
If you have three one or more of the above depression symptoms, then see your natural healthcare professional and make use of the natural remedies and therapies below to start feeling better again naturally.
Depression Symptoms Quiz
Use this quick Depression Symptoms Quiz below (or the Burns Depression Test in the image above – click to enlarge it) and see if you have any clinical symptoms of depression. Are you experiencing any of the following:
- Do you feel empty inside, and just can't seem to shake it off?
- Do you struggle with undeserved guilt or worthlessness?
- Are you so nervous and afraid that you are going insane and will soon lose control?
- Do you feel despair or hopelessness and think nothing you will turn out right?
- Do you fear your past or see the future as dimly lit?
- Have you ever thought about ending it all or cutting yourself to relieve the pressure?
- Have you lost interest in things that used to bring you joy, including sex?
- Do you have a difficult time making even simple decisions?
The amount of depression symptom quiz answers you chose with a “yes,” the more likely you are experiencing the symptoms of clinical depression.
Types of Therapies for Depression
There are not only safe and effective holistic depression remedies (which you will find right at the end of this article) but also natural Types of Therapies for Depression that can help you without taking a single vitamin, herb or mineral supplement. You can literally shine a light on depression using a natural light therapy or sad lamp.
- Natural Sunlight Therapy – 20+ minutes of sunlight before 10am or after 2pm or use of Full Spectrum Lighting indoors
- Vitamin D3 Therapy – The Sunshine Vitamin naturally helps relieve depression, strengthens your bones and connective tissues, helps prevent arthritis, natural cancer preventative and improves your immune system, see Vitamin D3 Benefits to see why everyone should be taking this very important vitamin
- Exercise Therapy – At least 20 Minutes per day of movement, outdoors preferred because of nature's uplifting benefits
- Color Therapy – Surround yourself with (or wear) cheerful bright colors, particularly yellows, greens and earth colors
- Emotional Freedom Technique shows you how to release the stored memories by tapping on specific acupressure points. You then replace the negative memory that is causing you to feel and reactive in a negative way with a positive response. It works well for depression, anxiety, chronic illnesses, stress relief, performance enhancement, and even for overcoming phobias. See: EFT Tapping for more information.
- Depression Free Method – A natural method that teaches you to feel better in any situation)
Start out by changing the lighting in your home to full-spectrum lighting. Throw away those fluorescent bulbs with harmful mercury and a “flicker rate” that interferes with your brain waves. It makes a big difference in the way you feel because unnatural lighting saps your brain waves and even lowers your immunity. It literally is making you sick, tired and depressed.
Then get outdoors for at least 20 minutes on days where there is sunlight. Exercise in any way that you can that is comfortable for you. Consider eating more vibrantly colored foods (yellows, oranges and greens) and take some of the recommended supplements above! Check out the natural guide to becoming depression free below, without the use of harmful medicines or substances. Learning how to control your own thoughts, emotions and behaviors can make a world of difference in the way you experience your life.
Treating Depression and Anxiety
Treating Depression and Anxiety naturally is the way to go because it actually deals with the cause of your depression, not just put a band-aid on it and hope it will go away. The natural depression remedies are great to get you through bouts of depression but they are not a cure. Using a natural Depression Treatment that addresses the cause of your depression can actually Break The Cycle Of Depression permanently! It uses a tool That Will give you Immediate Depression Relief.
This is not a quick fix, pill or surgery to remove brain components but a method that will provide you with power and control over every depression demon of the past and future, starting now! Learn the secrets that thousands of people, just like you who at one time suffered the mental twisting effects of depression:
|Success Story #4: Alice Fletcher“…I'm proud to say I'm one of the happiest mother in the world.”|
“I have been suffering from post partum depression for the past one year when I gave birth to a baby boy. I couldn't stop thinking about how my husband loves him more than me and how things might be better if he wasn't born at all. Thus, I stayed away from him because I knew that I might do something I will regret for the rest of my life.
Almost instantly I went to a therapist and convince them that I need help. Among other things, I've tried herbal supplements and other book to treat depression but nothing works like the Depression Free Method. So now I'm proud to say I'm one of the happiest mother in the world. My husband loves us both very much and I thank the Lord for the blessing he gave us. But thank you again!!! Now I know I can get through this without worrying if I am going to go crazy!!!”
–Alice Fletcher, (Los Angeles, USA)
|Success Story #5: Riza Ayre“I am impressed…and that is saying a lot since I have experienced depression over 15 years.“|
“I have followed the treatments covered in Depression Free Method program for about 5 weeks. I am impressed…and that is saying a lot since I have experienced depression over 10 years since my mid-teens. I have used anti-depressants and undergo medication treatment for that period of time. But now with the method and absolutely no drugs I can finally say I have been lighthearted and happy and experienced the best Christmas family celebration which I didn’t for a long time.
Thank you so much!”
–Riza Ayre, (London, UK)
Simply visit the Depression Free Method and learn how to be finally free from anxiety and depression for good. You will be so much wiser for learning this and can help others through their darkest nights too. It is a blessing to be able to help others heal themselves naturally.
Holistic Depression Treatment
Fortunately, there is a way out, a light at the end of the tunnel, that can lead you to a brighter and happier place. Choosing a Holistic Depression Treatment can help you get there faster than ever before so you can start enjoying life on your own terms, the way you love and know you can be! While there are plenty of great natural herbs, minerals and supplements that elevate your mood and ease away your depression, anxiety and panic, these are the best. Take any one of these or in combination and you can start feeling better right now!
- Lithium Orotate (Dr. John Gray, the world famous natural psychologist and bestselling author of the book and video series “Women Are From Venus, Men Are From Mars” highly recommends this to end depression naturally)
- Cannabinoids (Nature's mood enhancers relieve your feelings of depression or anxiety, and even help more severe types of depression like PTSD, as well as healing your whole body from the inside out. Cannabinoids are natural pain relievers and cancer fighters too! You can get them as CBD Oils, Salves, Softgels and even treats. See Organic CBD Oil.
- Anti-Anxiety Plus (Non-addictive herbal remedy for anxiety and depression symptoms that naturally lifts your mood, soothes your mind, nerves and emotions.)
- Melancholy Lift (Natural Homeopathic Remedy that helps stop your feelings of sadness and helplessness and elevates your natural “feel good” hormones)
- Homeopathic Medicine for Depression (Homeopathic Remedies balance your emotional, psychological and nervous system. That's exactly why they work so well at relieving your depression symptoms safely and quickly)
These are safe and gentle natural remedies for depression but very powerful too. They don't have the dangerous side effects of prescription medicines and are non-addictive too.