Embracing an attitude which is both enthusiastic and positive will elevate your vibrational rate exponentially. It can transform the energy of the place where you are standing and positively affect the people all around you. If you’ve watched or read Rhonda Byrne’s “The Secret” or the “The Secret.tv” channel you’ve heard of this very important concept. Your attitude shapes your inner and outer world, and being truly grateful for the abundance that you do have will attract more abundance into your life by your attention and gratitude to it. This is one of the most important principles in the Law of Attraction and in life itself. If you have an attitude of gratitude and give blessings to the people and world around you, you can dramatically draw more good into your own life. It is one of the best ways to “Be The Change You Seek in The World.“
A great way to start is to begin a simple ritual upon awakening or shortly thereafter giving thanks for the bed you sleep in, the food you have to eat, the abundance that you have, and for the wonderful day unfolding to you today. This not only puts you into a positive mood that will influence others to cooperate with you in your desires but also uplifts yourself and is even shown to increase your immune system. A scientific experiment was created to measure the levels of Secretory immunoglobulin A (s-IgA), our first line of immunity against disease by watching a negative and also a positive movie. Half the students were shown the film “Triumph of the Axis in World War II.” This film was selected for its content dealing with themes of power, domination, persecution, fear and conflict.
The other half were shown a documentary on the life of Mother Theresa. This film deals with themes of unconditional love, selfless service, compassion and gratitude. Before and immediately after watching the films, the students S-IgA levels were tested. There was no significant change for those who watched Triumph of the Axis. However, those who watched Mother Theresa showed significantly increased S-IgA concentrations, indicating heightened immune responsiveness. An Attitude of Gratitude can be just what the doctor ordered!
I’ve discovered some great suggestions on how to keep yourself in a state of perpetual gratitude. In the book “The Astonishing power of gratitude- How to fix the 5 big mistakes that keep you from putting the power of gratitude to work for you”, author Wes Hopper addresses how we can all benefit from the power of gratitude. The power of gratitude is the application of the Law of Cause and Effect. In the book “The Science of getting Rich “, Wallace Wattles explains the Law of Cause and Effect as: “The law of gratitude is the natural principle that action and reaction are always equal and in opposite directions.”
The Astonishing Power of Gratitude
Here are 5 suggestions that will assist you on staying in a grateful mindset, from Wes Hopper’s book “The Astonishing Power of Gratitude”:
- The Universe is friendly: We know that the universe is moving us forward in an upward expansion of greatness. So everything that comes into our lives is there for us to learn from and grow into a greater person. Having this knowledge allows gratitude to come part of our thinking because we allow and accept all things are good n our lives.
- Non- resistance: Is having the mental attitude that what is, just is. When utilizing this principle we gratefully accept and permit what it is that is presenting its self in the moment. We all too often think to ourselves we “should” have done this, or we “should” have done that. By resisting what is we prolong that which we wish to move on from.
- Happiness with a state of dissatisfaction: What we want to strive for is a pure state of happiness. The word happiness relates to a joy and gratitude. Yet we also want to grow and increase our current situations with the ideal that we are always in the forward progress for being a better person. When we have become satisfied with something we have accepted the status quo, we are stagnant in our upward expansion. “The place you want to be is happy and dissatisfied! In other words, to be thrilled with what you have, joyful and grateful for your accomplishments and blessings, and at the same time, enthusiastic about your ability to do even better.”
- Forgiveness: To forgive means to LET-GO COMPLETELY… This means forgiving other people who you feel have done you wrong as well as forgiving yourself for anything which you have done in the past. The past is finished, we move forward with forgiveness. “Sorry, but half-baked phony forgiveness won’t do the job. You have to do this completely. Forgiveness is not something you do for the other person; it is something you do for yourself.”
- Give: We give and then we receive. It is important to give so that we are in flow with the universe for us to receive what it is that we are asking for. Everything we have been reading about has been in the form of thought, well giving is our ACTION. Keep the flow in your life by being grateful what is in our life, and then give whatever it is your can.
In cultivating gratitude, you have one of two options if you find yourself making such comparisons: You can either choose to compare yourself to people who have less than you (which reminds you how truly rich and lucky you are), or you can feel gratitude for having people in your life that can inspire you. Either road can lead away from stress and envy, and closer to feelings of gratitude. Look for someone who you are inspired by and read their biography if they have one. If you have a desire to achieve wealth; bless Bill Gates, Warren Buffett or Carlos Slim! By doing it and admiring them for what it is that you want to have you include it in your personal vibration as well, and start attracting those with like thought, as well as the physical manifestation of material wealth.
One of the best ways to cultivate gratitude is to keep a gratitude journal. Not only are you combining the benefits of journaling with the active adoption of a more positive mindset, you are left with a nice catalog of happy memories and a long list of things in your life for which you are grateful. (This can be wonderful to read during times when it’s more difficult to remember what these things are.) “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!” Now that you’ve recalled the importance of gratitude in your life, you can use it to springboard your desires to yourself by spiritually creating in your own experience: Money Beyond Belief