Your beliefs directly lead to what you experience as reality, it is wise to examine what beliefs you are now holding (they change over time), where they came from (they can be deeply ingrained from your heritage), and most importantly whether they are serving your needs or you are serving theirs! I believe this is the beginning of true wisdom. If you do this one thing, you will see the positive changes in your life that you didn’t even think was possible. Your Beliefs Control Your Destiny!
An easy way to begin this process, and it is a life-long process, is to start with the things that matter the most to you: family, friends, career, economy, health, money, relationships, purpose and philosophy of life. There can be many more, but just start with the things most important or challenging to you right now. For instance, ask yourself if you believe that life in general is benevolent (good) or detrimental (bad). There is no right or wrong answer; it is your own personal belief, and your own reality.
Nevertheless, there are bodily consequences of each type of belief, both positive (life affirming) or negative (life negating). What this means is that positive beliefs lead to growth, increased intelligence, enhanced immune system, and a higher vibrational rate. Negative beliefs lead to a stress response in the body, an acidic disease producing environment, decreased intelligence, inactive immune system and a lower, more purely physical vibrational rate. It doesn’t matter what the reason for holding a negative vibration is, it may even be an accurate assessment by your experience, but your body will react the same.
Change Your Beliefs – Change Your Life
Bryon Katie, in her important work (book and video series) called Your Inner Awakening: The Work of Byron Katie: Four Questions That Will Transform Your Life ,” has developed a way to help you honestly assess your belief and see it objectively by inquiry and acceptance of “what is.” This can be life-changing and empowering, and can greatly lighten the load you have been carrying around since you formed or inherited any limiting or erroneous beliefs. Her “Work” is a three step process that seeks clarity and validity of belief.
Summary of “The Work” by Byron Katie
- Judging the Situation (Investigate each statement with the Four Questions):
- The Four Questions (inquiry method for testing a belief)
- Turn it Around (restate beliefs; change the people’s positions in the statements.)
Judging the Situation – Ask and answer the following questions:
- Who angers, irritates, saddens or frustrates you, and why? (Example: I am irritated when Joe doesn’t keep his word.)
- How do you want them to change? What do you want them to do? (Example: I want Joe to keep his word, and apologize for his broken promises.)
- What is it that they should or shouldn’t do, be, think or feel? What advice could you offer? (Example: Mary should take care of her health. She should avoid junk food.)
- Why do they need to do in order for you to be happy? (Example: I need Mark to keep his side of the lawn mowed.)
- What do you think of them? Make a list. (Example: I think Bob is overly cocky.)
- What is it that you don’t want to experience with that person again? (Example: I don’t want to see Gina strung out on drugs again.)
The Four Questions – Investigate any belief statements by asking:
- Is it true?
- Can you absolutely know that it’s true?
- How do you react or what happens when you believe that thought?
- Who would you be without the thought?
Turn it Around – Rephrase the question as in the following example:
“He should understand me” turns around to:
– He shouldn’t understand me. (This is reality.)
– I should understand him.
– I should understand myself.
After you have turned around the judgments in your answers, ask yourself if they are true or truer that the original belief statements. This work is based on the premise of making peace with “what is” since that is the current state you are experiencing now. It is not so much what your currently reality is, but rather, how you feel about it that can bring harmony and transcendence of what you experience as challenges in your life. What you resist – Persists.
If it is money and abundance beliefs that have you trapped into a life of poverty and lack, then you definitely need to learn from someone who has been there himself Joe Vitale of “The Secret” fame was homeless and broke, with little chance to ever succeed in life. He changed on thing that made all the difference in his life. He learned how to program his beliefs for wealth and abundance in accordance with spiritual principles and it came rushing in! You can discover what he did by learning about Money Beyond Belief.